Monday, September 14, 2015

Surprise!!

I have always wanted to steal my husband away on a surprise vacation and last weekend I finally did it.  I wanted to just take him away for our anniversary and walk on beaches or just go for hikes.  I had mentioned it to Tina a while back and we began to plan.  I don't think I could have done it if she would not have gone as they always provide the condo room.   Once again they did that and we paid for the food and rental car.  It was so great to surprise Rob and tell him....let's go. 

Rob was working that day so I had made arrangements with James for him to be off early.  I went to visit him with a coke and  a bag of goodies. He was shocked to see me but even more shocked to find out he was done with work. He goodie bag told him we had a plane to catch so we had to get going right then. He wanted to know where we were going but I told him he would find out at the airport. I could not keep it a secret once he knew what plane he was getting on.  We were headed to San Diego!!

The weather was so perfect.  The company was great and I was not at work!  We went to Sea World, to the beach, Rob and Rick went kayaking, we went to Coronado Island and finally to the USS Midway. I really wanted to walk on the beach holding hands at sunset but that did not happen.  I was just so glad to get away with my hubby and not to have his game to compete with.  It was so relaxing and nice.  I hated for it to end and I really hated to go back to work.  I am so burned out and not enjoying my job much anymore. It is the same thing day in and day out and it is getting kind of old.  Four years..I can do hard things right.

I have to tell you though that we were both surprised before we left. My kids knew about my plans and poor Skyler got the worst of it. I would not let him stay home alone so he was being sent to my bosses house.  Not a good idea and I won't do that again. He did not want to go but said he would cause I needed time away.  However, after I picked up Rob, we came home to a note on the door stating that all this time I thought I was fooling dad when he was really fooling me.  We came inside and he had taken pictures from off the walls and placed them all around the living room.  There were wedding pictures as well as all my children.  There was a photo album on the table with even more pictures in it. He was hiding in his bedroom. He finally came out and had tears running down his cheeks. He wanted us to know that he loved us and was proud to be a part of this family. He really does have a soft side. Rob and I both cried too and were very touched.  I don't' think I have ever seen that side of him before.  It was awesome.

So, now life goes on.  Boyd ran a 5K race today on his mission as part of a mission wide challenge. He has never liked to run let alone run that far. I am so  proud of him. he even beat my first time that I ran He has been losing weight and seems so very happy.  I love my boy so much and miss him like crazy.  How proud I am of him.

We miss the girls too.  We get to talk to them every night but it is not the same.  They will be home in four weeks for Cortnie's birthday and I can't wait.  I miss having someone to talk too and go shopping with. How I love my girls.

Life is good!  I am happy and want those around me to be the same. I love to serve and love my sisters.  How thankful I am for all of my blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment