Sunday, January 22, 2012

Great end to 2011

Yes, I am only about three weeks into the new year, but so far it has been crazy and I have not yet had time to write. 2011 was a wonderful year for us. We are so blessed and had so many blessings giving to us last year. I can not even begin to tell you all that we have.....I would be writing all day and never be able to stop. I am so grateful for all that we have been given and that we are healthy and happy. Let me recap the last little while .....

Brittnie is officially a college graduate...it actually says so on her college transcript now. I still can not believe it. Now what?? I am sure she imagined that she would be married and having babies by the time she graduated, but life does not seem to be that way for her. She is still trying to figure out what her Heavenly Father wants her to do but I think part of her is afraid to ask Him that question. In the meantime, we moved her back home yesterday. Boyd is not very happy about giving up his room and moving back in with Skyler, but he is being a trooper about it. I have mixed feelings. I love having her home but I worry so much that she will not have a life here. She has applied to be a substitute school teacher so hopefully will start to get phone calls for that. She is going to Japan in May for three weeks so it will be hard for her to find a job now that will give her the month off. If she subs, it will not be an issue. I just hate to see her sit around all day with nothing to do and no one to talk too. There are no kids here her age (let alone boys) so that leaves her with no social life. Bitter sweet to have her home...just hope she can figure it all out soon.

Cortnie finished out strong last semester at BYU and had her best one yet. She was worried about getting new roommates, but has fallen in love with the two she has. They are both freshman so she plays mother hen to them and helps them around campus. She is so happy when I talk to her at night and it was so great having her here for a few days over Christmas. Our home was complete with her here and it was wonderful. I miss her terribly. It is almost time for her to start her mission papers and that too is bitter sweet. I think everyday "how will I do this when Cortnie leaves" but I knwo that it will all work out with our Heavenly Father's help. We had a wonderful Christmas with her home and an enjoyable week in Utah after. I am looking forward to seeing her again in two weeks.

Boyd is Boyd. He is doing much better with his driving and school. I will say that I think he is the most like me. He worries way too much and cries so easily. He loves to give me hugs and protect me and that makes a mother proud. He is not embarrased to have me around and tries so hard to make us all happy. He was given his fathers bow for Christmas which before that was his grandfathers. He takes such care of that bow....and he is pretty darn good.

Skyler has grown in the last month. He was able to recieve the priesthood on the same calendar date of his baptism, which is also his grandfathers birthday. He was so excited to pass the sacrament the first time. The bishopric made sure he could reach the bench before church started and he could so no stool was needed. He did forget to wait for the cups as he passed the water on the first couple of rows, but he did not spill on anyone. He is so proud to pass that sacrament and his young mens leader says he has really settled down. We had 40 people at his ordination and it was quite the night. I am so grateful we did it in Utah where his family could all be there. Christmas was kind to him too as far as gifts, but he did get one he did not want...the stomach flu. He woke us up sick on Christmas morning about 2 and puked all night. He was suppose to talk in church that day which he was not able to do. We waited for him to feel somewhat better before opening the presents, but he was just not well that day. I felt so sorry for him. Luckily he was good the next day and no one else got it.

We had a wonderful Christmas and vacation. Christmas is always my favorite time of the year. I am proud to say I spend way less this year and everyone was still happy. The kids got new games and clothes and lots of love. It was fun to watch them buy for each other with a five dollar budget. Creativity works good that way. We had a great time with our relatives but I don't remember really doing much. There was no snow so we could not go sledding this year but we laughed and ate like we always do. I left missing them so much again - especially my daughter. It is hard to drive away and leave her there. I am so grateful for the emphasis the church puts on the family. They are the most important thing in my life. I would give up everything for them and they are whom I want to spend all my time with. They make me happy.

Here is to another great year!! 2o12, here we come\.....

No comments:

Post a Comment