Sunday, December 18, 2011

I am not getting old!!

So, my husband tells me the other day that it has hit him that he is getting old. I told him that he might be but that I was not....I am still 29. It is amazing that I can be only 29 when my baby is turning twelve this week and will soon get the priesthood. He has been told they will be providing a stool for him to stand on to be able to reach the sacrament table. He sang for the last time today with the primary children and he looked like he was one of the kids in junior primary. Poor kid, such a short small body. He makes up for it is spirit though.

Rob also feels old because our oldest finished her college career this week. She finished her last final on Wednesday afternoon and is now officially a college graduate with a BS degree. She will not walk for the graduation ceremony until May but she is officially graduated. What will she do now? She has no idea. She is taking a couple of weeks off to enjoy the holidays and will figure it out from there. Hopefully a job is in her future and she will be able to earn money - and hopefully that will not be here in Bullhead. I would LOVE to have her here with us (Boyd hopes note as he does not want to share a room again) but there is nothing here for her. She needs to be where she can have a social life and earn a decent living. It is just hard to believe that my baby girl is a college gradaute.

So yes Rob, you are getting old but your dear sweet wife never will be old. She will always be as young as her children. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment