I am not sure which is easier to raise....boys or girls. Someone always told me that boys were way easier, but I am not sure. They seem to quarrel more and love to tease each other. Before long, one of them is crying and trying to get sympathy. The stupid thing is, it is usually over a video game!! Sometimes I really hate the person that invented those things.
Skyler keeps us hopping....anywhere from basketball games and practice to phone calls from his teacher. He is a great student, but unfortunately gets bored really easy in his classes. I wish there was some way to get them to give him harder work, but it never seems to happen. So, when I get those dreaded phone calls, I talk to him and tell him he is wrong, but in my heart I can't blame him for acting up. He is so enjoying basketball this year. In fact, he made his first basket of a game and went jumping up and down the length of the court. It is too bad his dad did not see it since he was giving horsey rides to all the little kids who play with him every week. He will make a great grandpa someday.
Boyd has decided he is going to try out for the school baseball team. I strongly encourage him to try out for whatever he wants, but it breaks my heart when he does not get on. Maybe this time will be different. Right now he is in the middle of doing his eagle project for scouts. He is working with a group called Project Linus to make blankets used in hospitals and safe houses - or whever the company thinks they need to be. He has made arrangements for his blankets to be sent to Haiti to help the victims there. His goal is to make at least 50 blankets and they have to be done by the middle of March. He has organized a huge blanket making party for the ward for March 6th....and how fun it will be. I am excited to watch him do it and am so proud of him. It will be a long month until he is done though. Way to go sons!!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go, Boyd! That's what Devin did for his Eagle project, but the blankets went to hospitals. It takes a lot of work, but you will do great.
ReplyDelete