Sunday, April 26, 2026

Look for the Rainbow

 What a gloomy day. The sky is cloudy and the rain is falling, but we need the rain so bad.  I keep looking out side to see if there is a rainbow to maybe brighten things up a little bit but there are rainbows if I look for them.  I was able to make cookies and give some to the neighbor girl who came to borrow marshmallows; my niece who rarely calls me, called today and asked me to help her not be lonely or bored; my little girl who cries so hard in nursery decided today was a good day and only cried for a minute then she was fine as long as I was near and she could take my hand; I have a roof over my head and soon will cook a yummy meal - rainbows are all around.

Life is good. Work is going well and my busy season will be here before you know it. Almost all of the candidates have been hired so now it is just making sure they are all set to work.  Dooms day is in two weeks so the next couple of weeks will probably mean extra hours and late nights.  But, I love my job!  I am so happy to be there and to work with such great people who are my friends.  We did hire a new guy and it is a struggle with him right now. He comes to work in his slippers, sleeps at his desk, and takes so many breaks during the day it is crazy. He has yet to work his full shift but yet he is getting paid for the full eight hours which is not fair.  It is really affecting our team and hopefully it will pass shortly.  Rob seems to enjoy his job there too especially only working 28 hours a week.  It is fun to chat with him during the day and every so often to go visit just to say hello. 

We did go to Orlando a few weeks ago to help build a nursery.  Cortnie's house is very old and she is trying so hard to update it.  She needed a space to put the baby so we flew out over night and worked almost nonstop for three days. We did take time to go to her baby shower and some of our friends that live there met up with us so that was fun.  Other than that, we spend time taking down wallpaper, painting, putting up doors, pulling down shelves, building furniture etc. but by the time we left, it was a nursery.  It is hard to believe that the little one will be here in about seven weeks.  I can hardly wait to go back and hold that bundle in my arms. I really wanted to be there when it was born, but Cort wants me to wait a week before coming so I can be there after Jonathan goes back to work.  It will be hard to wait but I will do what she asks.  I am lucky that work is going to let me work from home, take PTO or take sick time so it will all be good.  I really have a great job!

Rob turned 60 this year and I wanted to do something extra big for him. I had a trip booked to Hawaii, but cancelled that as it was right after he started his job. So then I booked a trip to Cabo but there are so many wars in Mexico right now, I did not feel safe going.  We eventually decided to go to Disneyland.  We have not been there for years as we always go to Disneyworld since that is where Cortnie and Jonathan are.  We also decided to take our other kids with us since last year and now this year are a lot about Cortnie. We did not want them to feel left out.  So, we planned a quick trip down there this past weekend.  We spent two days in the park and it was so much fun.  The kids laughed and played together. We rode lots of rides and ate lots of food.  Skyler even got his dad on the teacups and was kind enough to not spin him so he did not get sick.  The weather was perfect, the planes were on time, and it was just the best ever.  I will gladly give up some of my retirement to make memories now with my family. I would rather enjoy it now while we still can.  There are a couple more trips planned this year but of course they are to Orlando for a baby birth and then a blessing.  I think there will be lots more trips to Orlando for some odd reason.  I am also happy to say that they will be here for Christmas this year so we will get to have the baby's first Christmas. 

I am just so thankful for all that I have.  I can't imagine living anywhere else, or doing anything different.  My life is complete.  I love my weekly temple nights where I get to serve others.  I am constantly being reminded of the grace of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as I work there.   I don't think I ever leave without having felt the spirit overwhelm me.  It comes at odd moments, but it is always what I need.  How grateful I am for that chance to serve. 

Well, duty of a wife and mother call. Off to fix dinner and then maybe a quick trip to visit my parents.  Hopefully the rain will stop soon, but until it does, I will try to find the rainbows to make the day a little bit brighter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment