Another year has come and gone. It was a year of joy, fun, happiness, trails, challenges, and growth and I would have it no other way. Don't get me wrong, I love the road that has no bumps or sharp turns, but when I do come across them, I am so glad that I do not have to travel it alone. I have felt the love of my Savior and Heavenly Father a lot this past year, but how my heart yearns to feel them more. I feel like I struggle to get answers to my prayers or to feel their arms around me, but at the strangest times, I feel such an outpouring of peace and love that I know it comes from them. How so grateful I am for that!!
2025 ended on such a high note. I honestly think it turned out to be one of the best holiday seasons I have ever had. The happiness; the joy; the love that I felt was amazing. I did not want it to end. I try so hard to remember the feelings that I had during that time everyday as I never want to forget how it was.
Cortnie and Johnathan were here for Thanksgiving. It was so awesome to have them in our home. I feel like we are finally connecting more with our son in law and that brings me such joy. They were only here a few short days, but I will take whatever time I can get with them. They also gave us an early Christmas present while they were here - they told us that we are going to be grandparents! I had a feeling that Cortnie was pregnant but I kept that all to myself. To say I am beyond excited is an understatement. It does not seem real yet as we are not there to see her belly starting to swell nor hear the heartbeat, but when that little one is put into my arms - well, lets just say I cry about that already. She is due in June. I already told Rob that there will be many more trips to Florida in our future.
Rob kept us super busy between Thanksgiving and Christmas with his markets. We were doing three markets a week which meant late nights and long days. Britt and I would work all day at our jobs then head to the markets to help with the cleanup. I prepared chilis, soups and crockpot meals so we could try to stay warm and have something good to eat. Boyd became Rob's elf loading and unloading the sleigh, selling to strangers and showing children how to make a fidget toy. It was a blessing that he did not have a job as he honestly helped to keep Rob sane. His markets did well, but now that they are over I worry about him with no job. He did have a second interview this week (at BYU actually) so we are keeping our fingers crossed. It would only be 3/4 time so no benefits involved, but it would give him time to work on his side business and do markets. I am hopeful something will come up soon for all of my boys.
As I feared, Skyler did not last at his job. He worked only three days and then did not go back. In his defense though, they were working him twelve to thirteen hours a night instead of eight and he was not able to do his schooling. He really wants to finish up his trade school by this spring and there was no way he could do that working all night long. So, for now, he is doing extra school work and possibly looking for a part time job. However, that means we are still giving him money each month which adds extra stress.
Brittnie has started her busy season at work. She is such a dedicate employee that trying to get her to take a day or two off is like pulling teeth. She works so hard and I so wish they valued her and paid her more. I still wish that she could find someone to love and to have a place of her own. She is such a "good girl" and does everything right. It is hard to understand why my children are still single with no friends and that they are alone. It breaks this momma's heart so much. I so wish we could have three weddings this year!!
Christmas was magical. With the loss of a job, we went a little bit easier this year. Santa still did a great job though and everyone came away happy. I got Rob a personalized license plate with his business name on it (GRLABOG) and he actually cried over that. I am still not sure what brought the tears but I did a good job I guess. Skyler was here for Christmas and decided to stay an extra week. He was here for two weeks and it was the best ever. I with Cort could have been here too, but it was just magical none-the-less and we spent lots of time on the phone with her. I was able to work from home most days and had time off for the holidays. We played games, watched movies, went to the mall, ate a ton and just spent so much time together. It has been a long time since I have seen Skyler so engaging and happy. To me, that was the best gift ever. I wish everyday could be Christmas or at least the season.
As for me, I am excited for a new year. I still have my worries and my frustrations, but I am trying so hard to be happier each day. I still get to work in the temple (which some days I think maybe it is time to be done, but I love the spiritual boost I get from being there). I have the best job and the best family. If I could just make wishes come true for my children, then life would be perfect.
I have heard so many people talk about reflection of last year and goals for this year, so I decided to actually write some goals down. I really want to be a better me. For this year, I want to improve my gospel study ( I now listen to general conference talks while I get ready), exercise at least three days a week, keep a daily gratitude journal, write more in this journal and be of better service to those around me, especially my family (and my aging parents). I am hopeful to set some goals soon with Rob and as a family as well
I want 2026 to be another great year! I want to be healthy and happy, have dreams answered and get to hold that grandbaby! I want to have the Savior by my side everyday and help those around me to feel of His love. I want to be a better me and make my little part of the world a better place. I want to say next year that 2026 was the best ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment