Another seven months has gone by and I wish I had exciting news to write. The world is still in chaos. The lock downs have been lifted, but life is not the same. Masks are required to be worn in public so you can never see anyone smile. I miss that. Lots of places have opened back up, but the capacity is limited so you have to book reservations or wait in long lines. The virus cases have started to rise again so the government has asked that if you get together, you do not meet with more than ten people. That kind of destroys family gatherings and with the holidays coming up, that makes me sad. I miss our family and I miss getting together. I am so glad that I at least have my children and I will say, I believe we have become closer the past few months.
Yesterday was Halloween which is Rob's favorite time of the year. I wanted it to be fun for him. We spent time as a family at an activity center where we got bruised and broken climbing and crawling on things that our somewhat older bodies are not as used too. Today I am very sore. Then we went to my parents so once again Rob could do their swamp coolers as the cooler weather is coming on and they needed to be covered. We splurged and bought dinner then had fun passing out candy. Kids need a life. Our neighborhood decided we were still doing trick or treat. It was so good to see everyone. And it was a great day.
I am back to work at the office but Rob is still working from home. We are doing pretty good as far as paying our bills off and I feel so good about our move. I am truly happy although I still miss our friends. I will say, my worse fear came to pass. I have no idea where or how we got it, but we got the virus. Rob had symptoms first like a bad head cold. After three days he decided to get tested and that is when Britt and I started symptoms. Needless to say, we were all positive. We were banned to our house for at least ten days. We had people bring us groceries and ask how we were. Rob was the worse. He could hardly get out of bed. The rest of us were okay. It was like a head cold. Britt and I worked from home during the whole time but poor Rob, could not do anything. He had it all - body aches, sore throat, cough, fever, loss of smell, lack of energy. I will say that it makes you so very tired. We were all going to bed very early every night. Rob really scared me though. I have never seen him so sick. He would not eat, could hardly move and the cough was so bad. The biggest cause of this virus is people ending up on ventilators in the hospital for months. There was one night I thought for sure I was going to have to take him to the ER. He managed to get through and the next day had a chest xray. There was not infection but the lung capacity was diminished so they put him on steroids. It took him a good three weeks to start feeling better and even know, we sometimes all get so tired. It was not fun. I was afraid I was going to lose Rob and I cried so hard in my bed at night. I was sleeping in a separate room to allow him to try to sleep better. I remember reading in the scriptures about Christ letting the people bring their sick to him and he healed them. I prayed so hard that night as I gave Rob to Christ that night and asked him to heal him, to comfort him, to wrap him in His arms. I was at peace as I went to sleep that night not knowing if he would be healed but knowing Christ was looking out for him.
Life is somewhat back to normal. We are still trying to help my parents as often as we can. I worry about them as mom has started falling and does so when my dad is gone. So she lays on the floor until he gets home. It is so hard to watch them get older. Dad even mentioned a care center for mom yesterday. She is so weak. I am grateful for everyday I have with them and hope there are many more.
Cortnie continues to be on furlough and she is doing her graduate school from home. That is a blessing in disguise as she can get unemployment pay while still doing school. She goes 100% so wears herself out. She was able to come visit for a week in June which was so great. I miss her so much. We are supposed to go see her in 10 days and I can hardly wait. The parks are open again with limited capacity so we will still get to play. I just worry about the what ifs - what if we get sick again (not supposed to if you have it once but you never know) what if we take it to her, what if she gets sick before we get there, what if she needs me, what if they goverement shuts down the airports. I am a big worrier and need to have more faith. I am anxious for the temples to reopen so we can start going again. We have home sacrament meeting each week and I am so grateful for priesthood holders in my home who can administer it. The gospel does give me peace, but the virus is making it so hard to be happy, to overlook the bad. It is hard some days to be positive.
Hopefully this will end soon. Hopefully we can have our lives back and we can be free again. Hopefully all the businesses and lives that have been shut down can find a way to reopen and build again. Hopefully families can get together and enjoy the holidays. Hopefully, I will be able to see that smile under the masks soon and know that our Heavenly Father is in charge and He has a plan. I just need to have faith!
No comments:
Post a Comment