Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Another glorious day!!  I love the weekends and really love Sundays.  I so wish the weekends would last longer and the work days were only two days long.  Oh well, I will gladly take my weekends and spend lots of time with my family.  Today was a really nice day as we honored Rob and our fathers.  How grateful I am to be married to a great man!  They say a girl will marry someone whom is like her own father - and I believe I did.  My father is a honorable man who truly cared for his children.  He laughed with us, taught us right from work, helped us learn to work and instilled in us the love for our Savior, Jesus Christ.  My husband has those same qualities. As we speak he is playing x-box games with his children and they are laughing very hard.  I love to listen to them play together.  I love to watch him use his priesthood to bless the lives of our children and keep them safe.  Today, I say thank you to the two most precious men in my lives.  I love you!!

I wished we could have a had another Skype session today with Cortnie like we did on Mother's Day.  I know it is not allowed, but my mind has been on her a lot today.  I am sure she would have loved to been here with her father to give him a huge hug and tell him that she loves him.  My heart aches in a small way that she is alone on this day (without her family that is) and I know she is somewhat saddened by that. She is such a family oriented person and I know she would love to be here with us. However, there is no place else we would rather her be.  She has grown so much while on her mission and her testimony is wonderful to hear.  I miss her more than I can ever say - but I know she is happy and doing well.  I know when she is sad or not feeling well - I can feel it myself and then I pray extra hard.  She has had a rough couple of weeks with migraines again and had some testing done.  All of the tests came back saying there was nothing wrong which is a big relief. It does not answer the migraines, but we know there is no major cause to them.  That is a comfort.  I wish I could have been there with her to hold her hand while she had blood work done and went in the dark tube of an MRI.  I know those are some of her biggest fears.  How grateful I am to dear sisters who have become her best friends and helped her through.  I pray she is well and think about her constantly.  Six months has gone by already which is wonderful.  I have already been planning our surprise trip to pick her up next summer.  I can hardly wait!!

I was able to take this last week off and join my family in Utah.  Unfortunately, Rob and Britt did not go as they stayed her to do Cinderella. Boyd went to EFY again so Skyler and I went up to have a break and hang out with the family.  Boyd was jealous that he did not get to do all the fun things we did, but he would never give up EFY. It is so worth the money. When he has tears rolling down his cheeks as we drive away, I know his heart has been touched.  He has made some wonderful new friends and I am sure he wonders if he will ever see them again.  I am so thankful we have the means to send our children there.  The testimony they get of the Savior is the most wonderful thing ever. I love to hear their stories and know they have been changed for the good.

Skyler and I had a fun week. We went to water parks, activity centers, the movies, mini golfing, and so much more. He had ice cream every day and got more spoiled. I loved the cooler weather. I went running in the mornings and it was so wonderful. I ran my 5K without any hitches and loved every minute of it. How I wish our weather was that way - so cool in the morning so I could run.  We are at the hot stage though and it is too hard to run in 100 degree weather.  I hated to come home.  I saw the old side of my mother and it was great. She never complained about being in pain and she was with us all the time. She even went to lunch and shopping with us for four hours.  I have missed that so much and hope she has turned a leaf. 

Life is back to normal though now. I do not want to work tomorrow but the choice is not given.  I know that I need to work and will do what I can to make it worth my time there.  I need to enjoy it so that is what I choose to do.  It is hard to run on a different schedule than my family during the summer but that is how it is.  I am just so grateful to have them and to take care of them.  I give thanks everyday for those blessings in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment