Day after day, the pioneers walked and walked. Day after day, we do the same. We get out of bed to work, play, keep house, help with homework, play taxi driver, referree fights, shop for clothes and food, make bread, cook dinner...the list goes on and on. However, I would have it no other way. I absolutely love being a wife and mother! I love taking care of my family and putting them first. They are my life and my sunshine. I am so thankful to have all of my family home right now. We are so enjoying having all the kids close.
Not much too terribly exciting has happened since we got Cortnie's mission call. School started up again so life is busy. The whole house dreaded going back to school but we are settled in now. I do have to say that my favorite day of the week is Friday cause I know the weekend is here and I get to be with my family. Friday night is usually my night to spend with Rob too so I love it. I am so blessed to have job where I get to choose to not work on the weekends. I get to have lots of vacation time and big checks that come at a time when needed to prepare for missions. I get my evening offs and can be home with my family. I wish I could get paid more, but I am happy and enjoy what I do. If only ......but that is another story and I have resolved to try not to complain about it so much,.
We slowly are preparing for Cortnie's mission. It is still three months away so we have lots of time. It is hard to shop for cold weather clothing when it is still over 100 degrees outside. I have a feeling we will be making trips to Las Vegas or to Utah to purchase her wardrobe. If I could only get her to do her reading and other things she is suppose to do, it woudl help. Maybe a mission will help her prioritize more and I know she will not be near electronics as much. That will be a huge help. She has set her temple date for October 20th so we are getting ready for that. Most of my family will be coming down as well as Rob's sister. We will be staying in Vegas for a couple of days to play and get things done. I am way excited to take her to the temple and share my favorite spot on the earth with her. We also have tons of family coming down for her farewell so are trying to figure that all out. I don't have room for them all here, so we are trying to make arrangements for places to stay. It will be a busy weekend, but I am ready....not really, but will be.
We did lose a treasured friend yesterday morning. Denise Swartzman is the owner of the dance studio where my children danced for years. I also worked there as her secretary. She was such a wonderful friend, teacher, mother, and leader. She fought pancreatic cancer for over 10 years and it finally won. She was such a trooper and fought until the last minute when her body finally wore out. She passed away peacefully at home with her family around her. She has touched the lives of so many people that they have rented a conference center at one of the casinos to hold her funeral. We were hoping ot be there but are suppose to transport the youth to the temple that day to do baptisms. In fact, all of my children are going and Rob is going to be doing the baptisms. What a wonderful opportunity that will be. Denise is not a member of our church, but I am sure she understands and would want us there. Who knows, maybe someday we will do her work for her. Rest in peace my dear friend, we will miss you.
So life goes on in our household. I am glad to say it is not as busy as it used to be. I am so grateful for that and to have moments to spend with my family. I truly do love being with them and being their wife and mother.
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment