So, I sit here tonight feeling lonely, sad, scared, grateful, tired, proud....you name it, it is all here. I just can't stop thinking about all the people that I love so much and that I miss. It is so hard to be here all by ourselves so far away from everyone. We miss them all so much. I look at my daughter's pictures everyday and pray they are happy and doing well. My heart aches to have them gone. I sometimes wonder if we will ever be able to move closer to our families....until then though, we try to hang on and do the best we can. I am so grateful for a husband who has become my best friend. I can talk to him and love him and exercise with him. He has a soft shoulder when I need a good cry and the priesthood when I am feeling down or scared to make me feel better. I can never express my love enough for my family.
Our summer went by way to fast and I told myself I was going to post something every week. However, I spent that time playing with my family or spending time with them. In a nutshell, I will say it was an awesome summer! Boyd relunctantly gave up his room and moved back in with Skyler so the girls could have a bed to sleep in. It was great to have them home. Britt helped her dad all summer with the Cinderella videos and Cortnie found herself a job at Payless Shoes (and was able to transfer when she went back to school). Rob worked extra for the school district and I worked the least amount of hours that I could so I could be home as much as possible.
We were able to take Boyd to EFY again (although Rob and the girls stayed home). It is such a spiritual high for him and he loves going. Skyler and I spent the week doing things with my sister and the rest of the family. It was so relaxing and such a good time. Rob took the boys to scout camp again and Skyler was old enough to go this year. He is such a good scout leader and loves to help the boys. Boyd overcame lots of fears as he did Project COPE this summer. He was able to walk the monkey bridge, climb huge trees and zipline (pretty good since he is not great wtih heights). He made his father cry - he was so proud of him. We also took our anual camping trip with Rick and Tina in July. This year we went to Pine Vally though and again had so much fun. We were only 100 yards away from the lake, there were lots of trees, and no rain this year. My sweet little niece learned that her Aunt Wendi is wonderful and now calls me DeeDee. In fact, when I say her just a couple weeks ago, she came right into my arms saying...DeeDee. She has me wrapped around her little finger. And, a huge surprise was when my brother sent me a text with a picture of his new little daughter saying "this is not a joke...surprise." He decided it would be cool to not tell any of us that they were expecting again until the baby was born. Candice says she was held hostage for 4 months :-). Only Coby could pull that one off.
So,life is good right now. I am trying to focus on the positive and wipe away the sad feelings of the night. I want to be happy. I want my family to be happy. I am going to Hawaii in 16 days with my husband, Rick and Tina. I can hardly wait. I am nervous to leave my children alone for that long though, but so anxious to spend time alone with Rob and have no worries about work. I am so blessed....
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment