Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cortnie Cries"

I have to start off by saying how much I love my blonde daughter. She is so sweet and yet so stubborn. Today I am very grateful for her and for seatbelts. I got the phone call all mothers dread this morning with her telling me she was in a car accident. I asked where she was and ran out the door from work. After calling Rob, I realized I did not even ask her if she was okay - so I called her back. No one was hurt but she was really shaken up. Apparently the other driver decided he wanted the lane Cortnie was driving in. She tried to stop, but he still clipped the front of her car. It hit her hard enough it drove her up over the curb causing the car tire to burst and bent the frame. She cried hard for a few minutes in my arms when I got there. I told her nothing mattered about the car and that we were glad she was okay. Now we wait and see what the other insurance pays as one more dent is added to the purple machine.

Last night she cried too.....We were sitting at the table when she got a phone call from SUU. She applied at the college as a back up to BYU in case she does not get in. The counselor on the other lane was congratulating her for something and asking her lots of questions. When she got off, she proceded to tell us that she had recieved a scholarship in the mail the day before but had hid it because she was afraid we would make her go there. Her scholarship was a full time, four year scholarship worth $48,000. We tried to explain to her that it is not our choice where she goes and she needed to be proud of her accomplishments. Her heart is still set on BYU - and I hope she gets there. However, if she does not, what a wonderful gift for her to be able to go to school tuition free!!

I love you my blonde headed, blue eyed daughter....

1 comment:

  1. Glad all is well and Cortnie is OK. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete